You are the HELP until HELP arrives!
Response times for first responders run longer in rural areas. For this reason consider:
- Knowing which neighbors have a medical background.
- Taking a first aid course.
- Learning CPR or take a refresher course.
- Having an AED in the neighborhood to be shared by the subdivision.
- Updating your first aid kit, check batteries in smoke & radon detectors and inspect your fire extinguisher.
- Pursuing Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training which prepares residents to help themselves, their families and neighbors in the event of a disaster.